Saturday, March 15, 2014

My first Literary Blog... Here it goes... ;) :P

Helllo there!

Welcome to my first attempt at a literary critic book blog, in this one we're focusing on Stephen King. The inspiration to this blog was from my friends H & R plus the group Stephen King Lovers, which is a Stephen King -fan club on FaceBook...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/StephenKingLovers/

There is the link to the group. It's amazing! It has over 10 000 member already! Feel free to join :)

Since I was a teenager/child I've always liked Science Fiction and Fantasy -books and I liked to read about horror and scary things. The first contact I had with the Stephen King -books was my friend T, who owned Pet Sematary in Finnish and she gave me a chance to read it and I was hooked :P I don't think I got as much out of the book then that I will get later, when I read it again and this time in English :)

The second book I read by SK was The Green Mile, about five years later, and I read it in English. I remember savoring every gory detail and reading out loud the horrible gruesome parts to my scared and terrified younger cousins, on the bus on our way to a Youth Activity in the Church, which I belong to (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints --- The mormon chuch :)

The third I started was Insomnia, sometime in 2001 or maybe before, but I didn't finish it yet so it kinda doesn't count :) In 2006 I tried reading Hearts in Atlantis but I never finished that either. Not Yet...

Then "giant leap" until 2013, when I read Carrie, Joyland, Salem's Lot and in January 2014 I finished The Shining. Now I'm reading Dr. Sleep and I really have been enjoying it so far. It just keeps getting better and better.

More Later! If you want to comment, which book you think I should read next, please let your opinion known :)

No comments:

Post a Comment